Sunday, May 30, 2010

Introductions.

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." - Harriet Van Horne

Some of my fondest memories as a child are the ones watching my grandmother Anna Maria, a native of Roma, cooking for our large Italian family. She would have me act as her assistant, and talk me through how things were done...

For me, cooking and baking has become an outlet. When something has not turned out the way you hoped, cookies will. When I am stressed out or stuck on a problem, I can work on the solution while making a cake. If I am so caught up I can immediately become distracted by concentrating not on what's grieving me, but on a new recipe. If there is a celebration in order, I like to make something for the occasion, and have fun with it. Cooking is also a family tradition, my grandmother on my mother's side spent several years as a professional chef and caterer. I love cooking for my family, and above all, trying to recreate traditional classics that both grandmothers have mastered. Once somethings complete, I share it with family and friends and let them enjoy it.

So...whether you like to cook, or like to eat, or both. I hope you enjoy.
Buon Appetito!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails